Minimum Requirements & Documentation
What do I need to apply?
1. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
2. Must have acquired a high school diploma or G.E.D.
3. Must have a valid unrestricted COMMERCIAL Drivers License.
4. Needs to be willing to travel.
Our jurisdiction covers the states of California & Nevada.
Our apprentices are required to travel anywhere within those two states
A completed application, meeting the minimum requirements, consists of the following:
1. A completed online Application for Apprenticeship.
2. Official High School Transcripts (for all high schools attended)
3. High School Diploma-CLEAR- readable copy.
- Certified copy of GED (Including an official transcript of GED TESTS RESULTS)
4. Proof of age indicating that you are 18 years of age or older. Copy of Commercial Drivers License is acceptable.
5. Name Change – If you have had a name change, please submit official
documentation to verify the change (i.e. if the name on your application
is different from your birth certificate or school transcripts).
6. Provide evidence of having a valid unrestricted COMMERCIAL Driver's License
by submitting a copy of the License.
Requirements for Priority Interview
1. Trade related experience:
You must provide undisputable documentation confirming you have worked a minimum of 1,750 hours of on-the-job training experience as a groundman or other like classification (lineman helper, craft helper) in the electrical line construction industry.
The following documentation is acceptable: 1) A printout of dispatch hours provided by an IBEW local union-must include name, hours worked, classification and dates. 2) A letter from the Company in which experience was gained, on their official letterhead, stating name, hours worked, classification and dates. 3) Copies of payroll stubs which state classification and hours worked.

2. Approved Lineschool/Training Program:
You must provide undisputable documentation confirming your
completion of an ETA approved Line School/Training Program consisting of at least 400 hours, focusing on the electrical line construction trade (must include climbing and other trade related experience applicable to that of a Lineman or Line apprentice). This documentation must be comprised of OFFICIAL transcripts and copies of completion certificate(s).

3. Veteran:
You must submit a DD-214 to verify military training and that you are an honorably discharged military veteran (MUST be within 5 years from discharge date).
Items strongly recommended (not required) to include in your application:
Documentation of past outside electrical work experience (if applicable).
Completion certificate from line school and official transcripts
Current First Aid/CPR card, OSHA 10 ET&D Card
Current Flagging/ Traffic Control certification
Industry related certifications - i.e. Crane Operator, Heavy Equipment, etc.
Or any other college or trade school transcripts, which you feel to be applicable.

NOTE: Your application will not be accepted if it is not completely filled out, or you fail to submit any of the required documents listed above in items 1 through 6.
Copyright 2009 © California Nevada Electrical JATC. All rights reserved. Home | Photo Gallery | Contact Us | Web Services